Thursday, November 23, 2023

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU!


As we gather around our table today for a Thanksgiving feast, know that you will be included in my list of things for which I am grateful for throughout the year!

I know you are aware of having the same lot # for your projects but even so, it is no guarantee it will result in two identical skeins!

Case in point--look how different these two dishcloths are even tho each skein was marked as the same dye lot!  I'm not going make a sweater where it would matter but I did find it interesting!  If you haven't tried the new Crafter's Secret cotton from Hobby Lobby, I would recommend it because it has a wonderful hand for cotton yarn!  It is soft yet firm and because it is made with 4 strands of different colors, it sure gives a depth to the knitted/crocheted fabric!  I am using the four of these I have made for hot pads for our dinner today and then will used them for dishcloths during clean-up!

 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving.

    I bought Caron Pound one time for a blanket. I needed three of those massive skeins. They say there is no dye lot ... all are the same. Well, they aren't. The skein I used in the middle of the blanket was definitely a different color by quite a bit. Doesn't matter in the long run. The blanket still works just fine as a blanket. But it sure did make me mad at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that out with a pair of socks once. I was NOT happy when the pair didn't match at all. I'm pretty sure I chucked it all out in disgust.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...