Sunday, March 24, 2024

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

I began the loom construction yesterday.  I had to sand any rough areas then applied the finish to all of the pieces of wood,
 waited half an hour and did it all again. 
 It was relaxing and interesting, as always, to work with wood!
I separated the pieces so I could get familiar with each part.
At the end of a few hours, I had the main framework set up.  
This was my goal for the first day's work.
Next time, I will work on the inner mechanics of the loom-
mainly shafts and treadles!  I can't wait!
 

3 comments:

  1. I bought my loom from a nice lady in Virginia who had been using it for a long while. I am now so happy I did. I would have NEVER been able to figure all that out. Your patience is legendary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool. You must have a huge craft area to keep all of your toys in. I miss my spinning wheel but am realistic with my back. You have lots of patience to sand and stain and do it all over again. Fun times are ahead for you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...