Saturday, March 30, 2024

A BIT OF WOODWORKING

I retrieved my old warping board from the junk pile--I didn't think I would ever get into weaving again--I repaired and sanded it so that I can be ready to warp up for the April Weave Along I am joining on the 1st!  (It doesn't have to be pretty to work, I keep reminding myself! lol)
I made a pair of lease sticks because I didn't like the dowels that came with he new loom.
And the warp arrived in the mail in the nick of time! 
 I am all ready to begin on Monday!!!!!
 

4 comments:

  1. "Warping" sounds like a deterrent to crafting, not an advantage, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lease sticks are flat too. I can't imagine round ones. Wouldn't they roll? That weave along looks like fun. Those are some really pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a "jill of all trades", kind of like "jack of all trades" but the feminine version. Ha! I'm so glad that you can make your own wooden accessories. Much nicer and less expensive too. The colors are really pretty and very spring-like.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm interesting! Can't wait to see what you make with it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...