Wednesday, March 6, 2024

SO LONG GEORGIA!

Our visit was timed just right to enjoy the red winged blackbirds which are flocked all around the yard/trees!  I had never seen them at feeders before so thoroughly enjoyed their raucous calls!
  The catbirds must travel with them because we never saw one without the other!
Even though I missed the best photo today with at least 15 different species at the feeders at once, I enjoyed the never-ending parade of appreciative birds! 
 I need to up my game when I get home!
I made two new dishcloths (top ) and had the pleasure of teaching how to my daughter and she picked it right up-she only has about a yard of yarn left which she is finishing as I type this!

We head home today so I am hoping to be back to our usual routine very soon!  It is so hard to say goodbye.  I will concentrate on saying hello to my cats by dinner time tonight instead...
 

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a LOT of bird feeders. I love to watch the birds but we aren't allowed to put up feeders here at the condo because of the mess they make. I"m so glad that you had a wonderful time visiting your family. I'm sure it's as hard for them to say goodbye. I always hate telling one of our far away children goodbye. Safe travels home, where your kitties are waiting.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never realized we had red-winged blackbirds here until I saw a sign down on the wetlands about them. After that, I see them all the time now down by the marshes. I've never seen them at my neighbors feeders though. Only finches. Lots and lots of finches.
    Safe travels home! It's so hard to say goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep feeling a nasty pang every time I remember you’re not at my house anymore! So thankful we had the last week together, though, and looking forward to the next time. ❤️ Love you! -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping your travels were safe and you are home now. I love the red winged blackbirds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great time was had and you are feeling better. Love the little birds nest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure the kitties will be very happy for you to be home again. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We occasionally see the red winged blackbirds in the yard, but not that often. I most often see them as we drive by the farm fields

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...