Saturday, July 4, 2020

4th of July

 A quieter day than in years past, but a day to remember no matter what the circumstances.
The idea of freedom blazes across the quilt's surface.

When you eat your hot dogs and hamburgers, chips and salads....
remember to give thanks to God that we still live in a country unique in the world\
 because of the very ideals of freedom
-to worship
to think and work for yourself
to carry arms
to be a responsible citizen
who is careful to balance all freedoms on the scales of kindness.

I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the republic for which it stands
one nation
under God
indivisible
with liberty and justice for all.
                                   .

9 comments:

  1. Perfect quilt for display on patriotic holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great patriotic post! Happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said! Have a safe and enjoyable day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4th of July - I really like your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this beautiful post. It is so appropriate today.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this might be my new favorite that you have made.

    Happy 4th Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect Quilt and perfect post for the day we celebrate Freedom!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...