Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Pieces of a Whole

 The things that go quilt is sewn together!
I need some backing flannel now;  sigh.
 I cut out the other piles of flannel-this one is all animals,
 this one is sports/camping/ etc.  I make these 6 1/2" blocks for a 6 x 7 layout.
 This was a very large bag of flannel from my daughter--I was able to make three boy quilts and three girl ones!  This is all that is left from the boy fabric!
Since I was on a roll, I finished piecing the hexagon quilt
and trimmed the edges-this could use some border fabric to my mind
but again I will have to wait for a  trip to the fabric store but not for a while yet!
It will be added to the pile of lap quilts waiting for backing fabrics!

4 comments:

  1. Someone is going to love those cozy flannel quilts. Dad and I made a couple for family babies and they were very well loved. I've still got one here that we didn't finish. I finished it later but the baby is now almost 10!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a lot of quilts. There are going to be some happy recipients!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flannel quilts are cozy and comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw. I love a flannel backed anything! Sometimes I have a knitted shawl backed with flannel so it won't itch me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...