Monday, July 6, 2020

Socks!

 The LionBrand Mani-Pedi yarn socks are finished.
Against all odds, I managed to get a matching pair even.
The first skein was a perfect skein-no tangles, pulled right out of the center nicely, was a dream!
The second skein was wound opposite of the first skein-no problem, I found the spot 
and began to knit all the way up to the dark pink on the leg and then I hit a knot.
Bad enough to have a knot but the ends weren't related at all! 
 I had to untangle the center
 and  then wind it all the way from the other direction to find my spot.
  I was persistent and can't believe I pulled it off!
A matching pair of socks, against all odds.
I have two little balls left from each skein-I will use them to add a square to the sock yarn blanket!

10 comments:

  1. Those turned out so pretty! You have more patience than I to make them matching...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been crazy to get those to match. I had a pair like that recently and it was no fun at all.
    They are pretty. In spite of the trouble it was certainly worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lot of unwinding to get the right area of yarn to knit with. Well done by you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ❤️ the socks! Several years ago, I had the same problem with a skein of sock yarn - not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what pretty shades they are. My first pair of Opal Socks did the switcheroo on me, but I didn't bother to find the repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate when yarn companies do that. Knit Picks is notorious for that issue.

    The socks look great. Congrats on getting them to match.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty, pretty. I can't believe you were able to get them matching with all of the issues. Knots are NO fun, especially when trying to make matching socks.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty color way! Nice way to beat that naughty yarn and give it a lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Knots are maddening, aren't they. But you did it! Matched them up and now you have a very pretty pair. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...