Sunday, August 2, 2020

The Rest of the Story!


I used the little ball of yarn left for my market bag 
and knit one long seed stitch handle until all of the yarn was gone. 
Because knitting requires less yardage, I was able to make straps long enough this time.
I also stretched the one long strap vigorously to made sure it was long enough when folded in half 
and then snipped the yarn there to make them two handles!  
I then sewed them to the inside of the top of the bag.
This project has begun again-I had to rip out the previous attempt at a summer t-shirt
because the pattern called for DK and I have Worsted yarn.
I could make the numbers work for the stitches but not the rows and so I quit knitting.
Now I have the perfect pattern and the other attempt was ripped out and is now on track!
I think it will be a very comfortable sweater.
And see how pretty the shawl looks!
It is always amazing to see how blocking changes the wad of knitting into the airiness 
and drape of a shawl!
This was a grey Shetland wool that I crockpot dyed a deep green.
Now to wear it around the house because I won't be going out anywhere else! lol

8 comments:

  1. That bag is a major accomplishment! It looks amazing as does the shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been very productive. The shawl and the bag both look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blocking is miraculous, isn't it? The shawl is beautiful.
    The tee pattern is really cute. It doesn't look too complicated to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The market bag is just beautiful! Such a fun bag to use. Love the shawl and the colors make me think of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shawl is incredible, well done with all your projects. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your projects are just lovely. I am close to finishing the shawl I have had on the needles for 4 months? Too long for sure! I might even get it done before we leave for vacation, and then what will I knit? I need baby stuff, so that's what I will take with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shawl AND the bag are wonderful. Two finishes in one post! I agree about the blocking. Much like turning the heel on a sock it seems almost miraculous to me.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...