Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Time Slips Through My Fingers

I pieced several four patches today-it was fun to just grab pairs the pile and work them together.
The pile is going down! 
 I will keep working until they are all gone-then I will figure out how I will place them into a top!

Ahhh, the mittens.

  I failed at the cast on with too many stitches and didn't listen to my little knitting voice.  

When I tried it on to begin the decrease at the tip,

 I knew it was way too big-much bigger than the first mitten of the pair. 

 I had cast on 10 stitches more than  I needed. 

 I ripped it all out and will reknit it today!

 I did draw and paint the Locust flower.  
My page isn't as wide as the calendar which forces me to make adjustments
 in the arrangement but I did it!  
Do you enjoy challenging yourself?

8 comments:

  1. Such pretty projects. That will be a lovely quilt. Sorry about the mitten. Why is it that we often don't listen to our "knitting voice?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just reminded me I need to get a wiggle on my knitting of mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little scrappy quilt! I like a good challenge but I have to admit the stress of living the pandemic lifestyle has caused me to be more cautious about everything. I find myself leaning towards things I am familiar with-books, tv, movies, projects. I am not in the mood for surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a tricky question. LOL Sometimes???? I'll go with that.

    Sorry about the mitt redo. But, better to have them fit than not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I pick the challenge, I’m more apt to actually do it; if someone else picks - not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how your patchy blocks are turning out and as for the mittens, well, I think most of us have done that. Better to start over, or as I have done, if I have enough yarn I'll make another pair to match the two that are done. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes and no. My challenge right now is to conquer quilting feathers. I am going to practice, but I wish I had a bog something to practice on that I didn't really care about. Maybe I just need to piece a scrap baby quilt and do it? Love your drawings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like Chris, Yes and No. If I know I can conquer the problem I will make an attempt. But if i am getting frustrated then no

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...