Friday, August 14, 2020

'Hats All Folks!

Lena helped me work at our knitting!

We managed to finish the first hat-
this would fit a male or female.
Here is is worn slouch-like.

Or with the ribbing turned up in a traditional winter hat.
This colorway is aptly called Firecracker!
The color would work for a guy which is good, 
since the other two skeins are much more feminine.
Hat #2 is well on its way!  This skein is grey, fuschia and pink.  
I like the yarn very much;  this one is named Cosmopolitan
 I think it needs to be named Neopolitan--like the ice cream!
 Line and Wash Watercolor of the day--Tibetan Lilies.

One of the art videos I watch, Charles Evans Art, said something very freeing to me,and that was to remember you are not painting a photograph-use your camera if that is what you want,but otherwise, paint what you want in the scene before you and leave out what you don't want!I have that confidence with the knitting and I am working on it for the painting, too!

6 comments:

  1. I like those hats. Did you share the pattern and I missed it? Or are you just winging it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great-looking hat. The yarn works well with the pattern, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was fast!! I love those stripes.
    Your lilies are so pretty. I like yours better than the original.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice hats. I know they'll be appreciated this winter. We've had lows in the low 40's the past three nights but Sun., Mon., and Tues., are supposed to be over 100! Crazy weather! And we're moving Monday, right in the middle of the heat wave.
    Love that drawing and I like the sentiment to do what pleases you in your artwork.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lena looks like an excellent helper. Currently, Burton is helping me read blogs... ie, he's on the back of the couch behind me, kicking me with his back feet as he tries to stretch out.

    The hat looks great! Love that yarn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice hat and fun color! Love that kitty of yours, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

READY FOR THE FRAME FINALLY!

At quilting group yesterday, I managed to get the borders seen on and all pressed!  Now to wait for its turn on the frame!  I am feeling beh...