One of the art videos I watch, Charles Evans Art, said something very freeing to me,and that was to remember you are not painting a photograph-use your camera if that is what you want,but otherwise, paint what you want in the scene before you and leave out what you don't want!I have that confidence with the knitting and I am working on it for the painting, too!
Friday, August 14, 2020
'Hats All Folks!
Lena helped me work at our knitting!
We managed to finish the first hat-
this would fit a male or female.
Here is is worn slouch-like.
Or with the ribbing turned up in a traditional winter hat.
This colorway is aptly called Firecracker!
The color would work for a guy which is good,
Hat #2 is well on its way! This skein is grey, fuschia and pink.
I like the yarn very much; this one is named Cosmopolitan
Line and Wash Watercolor of the day--Tibetan Lilies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
FLOWERS INSIDE AND OUT
Outside, the buddha plants bring the orange to our Fall yards! So many little flowers join together to make a large bloom. And the ginger a...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...





I like those hats. Did you share the pattern and I missed it? Or are you just winging it?
ReplyDeleteGreat-looking hat. The yarn works well with the pattern, too.
ReplyDeleteThat was fast!! I love those stripes.
ReplyDeleteYour lilies are so pretty. I like yours better than the original.
Nice hats. I know they'll be appreciated this winter. We've had lows in the low 40's the past three nights but Sun., Mon., and Tues., are supposed to be over 100! Crazy weather! And we're moving Monday, right in the middle of the heat wave.
ReplyDeleteLove that drawing and I like the sentiment to do what pleases you in your artwork.
Blessings,
Betsy
Lena looks like an excellent helper. Currently, Burton is helping me read blogs... ie, he's on the back of the couch behind me, kicking me with his back feet as he tries to stretch out.
ReplyDeleteThe hat looks great! Love that yarn
Nice hat and fun color! Love that kitty of yours, too.
ReplyDelete