Saturday, August 15, 2020

And Hats Off

The last trio of hats is completed!  The one of the hand painted WoolEase yarn is called S'Mores but I think that only fits if every one you made ended up in the ashes!  Silly names.  Great yarn and just a straight forward pattern on #7 needles.  A  perfect intermission knitting project.  I think it will be mittens next.

 When a bit of adventure happened yesterday, late afternoon, my schedule was a bit upturned! The doctor's called to say that the UTI culture was back and I was on the wrong antibiotic again and so could I please come in for an injection?  Thankfully, Bill was in the house with me because it was storming outside and so we headed out.  By the time I was out of the doctors, he had ordered and picked up pizza for dinner-we did eat one in the car before the ride home!  The good news is that we should have this infection on the run now;  the bad news is that we are running out of viable options for fighting the uti's because of my allergic reactions to so many antibiotics and the bacteria being resistant to the ones I can take.  This leaves only the ones that can be injected or the ones that I would have to go to the hospital and get through an IV.  I won't borrow troubles that haven't happened yet;  right now I long to feel some relief and to have the strength to up and about!  Needless to say, I didn't get to put water color to the drawing but I will do so today! 

6 comments:

  1. Had to chuckle over the idea of s’mores covered with ashes! Thankful they found a good antibiotic to get you on the road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my....that was quite the adventure with the antibiotics. I have been so lucky not to have had one UTI since I retired. I swear it was switching to your soap that made all the difference for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you've got the correct antibiotic and will soon be on the mend although I'm sorry that your options are becoming more and more limited. It seems life is not easy anymore.
    Pizza in the car sounds good though! Dennis picked up a pizza last night after work and it was delicious.
    Love the hat. I would have thought S'mores would be browns, beige and cream! Ha!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. I hope they come up with something long term that will take care of this

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope they figure this out soon! Looks like a fun hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about your UTI troubles. I certainly hope this injection will take care of things. And how sweet is your husband!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...