Thursday, August 13, 2020

Cotton so Soft

The sweater is a great finish for the week! 
 I only added a few inches to the sleeves and a few inches in short rows 
to bring the back neck up a bit-a pet peeve for top down sweaters.
Oh, and I did add a purl stitch at each side  to imitate a 'seam' stitch line.
It fits wonderfully and I will most likely gift it since the color grey doesn't look nice on me! 
 I've had the pleasure of knitting it so I will be okay with letting it go!                             

A color besides pink for my flower of the day!

  It was fun to make the yellows blend for the rose.T

 Since I've finished the shawl and now the sweater, I needed something new on the needles!
This is one of the three skeins of LionBrand WoolEase Handpaint yarns I bought a bit ago-
more on that later but for now-it is a typical hat on #7 needles.
  I almost made a pair of mittens instead
 but I can always do that with the next skein! 
 I'm a knitter and I can do that, you know! lol

8 comments:

  1. That tee is perfection!!!
    I love your dedication to your sketching. I need to get down to the art room. I am starting to feel guilty about the wasted space. So many supplies...so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweater turned out great! And what a pretty painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sweater, what pattern was that? And the bowling ball is perfect with the flag. I did kind of wonder at your canvas "art", LOL! Such diverse talent in your posts these days, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sweater - I think I have a similar pattern tucked away somewhere. The tee design is classic and will be comfy to wear and to dress up or down with accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweater turned out so well and I love the little purl stitch for the seams. It will be a wonderful gift for someone.
    The pretty yellow sketch is gorgeous. You are a woman of MANY talents.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweater looks great. I love a nice round yoke!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I ever make a sweater that fits me, I am not going to give it away! I think it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely sweater. Someone is going to get a VERY nice present.

    I love your rose. So delicate and pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...