Saturday, August 29, 2020

Mystical

When I was looking for the second skein of sock yarn, 
I came across this yarn that is similar to Chroma from KnitPicks; 
 it is a single ply lightweight yarn.  
I thought it would be fun to crochet these motifs without having to change yarns --no decisions! 
 I just use slip stitches to get me to the place I need to be for the next round!  
These just few off the needles. 
 I only have one more skein of this yarn 
but I do have several balls of ends from Chroma 
so I will blend them into one lap robe. 
 I don't care if it is only big enough for a cat blanket, 
I am enjoying making them! lol

I rarely post about cooking/baking because I don't enjoy it, truth be told.  
I would prefer to clean and let someone else do the cooking!  
Anyway, this is a Friday night ritual-fresh pizza by me.
  I actually enjoy it and there is enough left over for lunch the next day!  
Even better!
Art work of the day----Early morning fishing. 
 A  4 x 6" card that will be sent to my oldest grandson who loves to fish from his kayak!

 

7 comments:

  1. Using variegated yarn for the lanterns is a great idea! David will love the painting (I won’t tell)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to find a fail proof easy pizza dough, I love pizza but don't enjoy making it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been making pizza on Fridays too but yesterday I had to use up my Asian vegetables I managed to get in my last delivery so it was fried rice. I miss that pizza though. I love it for breakfast the next day. Since my college days, I have a thing for cold pizza.
    I crocheted a shawl once using variegated yarn and it was a lot of fun. More fun that weaving in ends for sure. I've always admired that lantern pattern but it's a little beyond my skill level which is pretty much 0.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made a few blankets with that lantern pattern, changing colors along the way. I told myself if I make another, I won't be changing colors every round. :-)
    Will you share your pizza dough recipe? Mine never turns out and we love pizza. Your's looks delicious.
    Take care.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your swap pain. Well see how the ATC goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those Lamps are so pretty. What a cool thing for your grand to get your ART!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That will be a lovely afghan.
    Not long before Covid, I started making homemade pizza to save a little on takeout. It has definitely saved us since COVID. Every grocery day is pizza-pie night!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SUNSHINE!

The Heliopsis is in bloom again and has many buds ready to continue the beauty for most of the summer! But I had to reach quite high to get ...