Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Painting Takes Many Forms

I'm happy to present my fourth bowling ball painting project!
I would paint a section and let it dry;  repeating it for several coats.
It's been sitting on my sewing table and has served as a bit of PT for me for a week.
I took it down by the flag which is way out front last night, near the road; 
I hope it is there in the morning!
No, this isn't Pop Art!  
This painting has stared at me for a month and I haven't felt like it was working out like I envisioned.  
If it was a sweater, I would rip it out!
 I was listening to an artist on YouTube and he said the great thing about acrylic 
is that you can paint over a canvas if you aren't happy with it.
  BINGO!
 I laughed the whole time I squirted out the white paint. 
 Not a second of regret!
 
 I have a few more coats to go before I can try again! 
 So be it! 
 (if ripping out knitting is called tinking, what is covering over a painting? 
 Tniaping?!
I am desperate to do something in the sewing room so I found some flannel 
that was just a bit too small and added a strip of one of the fabrics I used on the front
 and pieced it in place so the backing is big enough! 
Then I loaded the layers on the frame so it will be there when I feel up to it!
My botany line and wash for the day! 
 A Chinese Foxglove!

6 comments:

  1. That is true about oil painting too. I have done that many times when I was in art school and money was tight and canvases hard to come by. You couldn't just run to Micheals and buy a pack of them like you can do now. Come to think of it, where did I buy my supplies back then? I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you are keeping busy with fun projects!! You have so much going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bowling ball turned out great.

    I thought the white squirts of paint were part of the project. They kind of look like an abstract gator jaw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bowling ball is wonderful! I sure hope it was still there when you went out to check this morning. Good idea painting over the canvas and I like your name for it!
    Those flower sketches are so pretty and delicate.
    Blessings,
    Bets

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done the same thing with paintings, and it feels good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...