Monday, August 3, 2020

Soft Squares and Soft Yarn


A new collection of flannel squares are on the design board
 waiting for me to sew a row together when I pass through.
I managed to stitch this one together a row at a time, 
just that way.
These are 6" squares so the quilts are laid out in a 6 x 8 configuration
which means they are 36" by 48"
I need flannel backing so these will sit for a while and wait for me.
And I am happily knitting away on the round yoke sweater.
It is so nice to have a very soft cotton yarn flow through my fingers.
I am using KnitPicks' Color Mist in Tidewater;
it is a worsted weight yarn.
The pattern I am using is a free one from Yarnspiration
called Caron Top Down Knit Sweater--original!
It is designed for Caron's Cotton Cakes yarn
but I am using what I have.  

7 comments:

  1. I love top down sweaters. They always are the best fit for me. Those little quilts are so sweet. Those fabric patterns are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute quilts! Love the different fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to have projects waiting on the wall for when you have a bit of time to sew. Mine have to be piled up and put away when not working on them. I wish I had a bit of spare wall to hang a design wall, but all I have is the space behind the bedroom door. Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweater looks like it will be comfortable to wear. I love the color, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute quilts and with flannel backing they will be so soft and will be very loved. I'm willing to guess that they will be a blanket that is carried around by it's owner for years and years.
    That sweater looks soft and comfy. I really like that pattern.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im all about top down sweaters and baby clothes. Nice job .Your stitches look very even

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flannel. I'm about to get a start on my brother's birthday quilt - it's going to be ALL flannel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...