Monday, August 10, 2020

Swamped and Prickly

Yesterday was hard-UTI worse not better so Bill took me to urgent care.

Since my kidneys were hurting, I wasn't going to fool around!

This is a sweet flower in the lily family called by the esteemed name, Swamp Lily!

It lasts for days and is natural to this area!

Not a Native plant but a a beauty has been this Crown of Thorns!

It has been blooming for months!

 While the stalk has some serious thorns, the foliage and flowers look innocuous!

Here's to modern medicine and feeling less thorny soon!

8 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’ve had a tough time this year - praying that you kick this UTI to the curb quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My great grandma had a crown of thorns plant. I haven't seen one in ages!
    Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you are still under the weather. UTIs are miserable. When I was teaching I used to suffer from them constantly. Thankfully since I've retired they've disappeared. I guess it was a job hazard since bathroom breaks were few so we used to have to limit our liquid intake to make it through the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHen those UTI's turn to pylonephritis that's serious. Glad you went int

    ReplyDelete
  6. I"m so sorry that you're still not better. I will be praying for you and that the medicine will kick in and you'll soon be back to your normal self. This has been a tough year for you so far hasn't it?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, is the syrup sweet or tart? I've never had an elderberry? Yay for the top flying as you knit. Hope you feel better soon! 13 hours until I am on a plane to Florida!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A WOOD BUMP

I called dibs on a burl on a tree at church.  When I saw that someone had removed it (half was rotten and it wasn't safe anymore) I remi...