Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Beauty All Around Me

My yard is full of Swallowtails....this is the time to spot all kinds of butterflies;  I love it!
This particular one is the Giant Swallowtail. 
 A beauty.  He spent a lot of time on this pagoda plant.

I've done a bit of knitting;  each afternoon when we get a T-storm, 
it is good to sit and knit while enjoying the storm outside!
I have a booklet of these Zen-ish drawings to color, pencil or marker with color
 and then the reverse side is a postcard.  
I like to send them to different ones in my church family. 
 I tried watercolor on this one instead of the usual colored pencils and enjoyed it a lot! 
 The paper held the water use just fine and didn't warp at all!  Nice to know.  
 And here is the daily line and wash for the flowers, this one is a rhododendron.
I am finding a lot more confidence not only in the drawing
 but in the color mixing and the layering.
Not that I doubt the advice of every artist site I've watched, 
not that they would know this themselves 
but practicing everyday will really work wonders for your art....

8 comments:

  1. I like your rhododendron painting - very pretty. And, yes, practicing every day (on whatever you are doing) makes a huge, positive difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could practice drawing all day long and still not come close to the original! Unless I traced it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great to have so many hobbies to keep you busy while we "stay at home".

    I don't know what I would do if I didn't knit and stitch.

    Your art works are so, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never get a picture of the yellow Swallowtails! They just don't sit still

    ReplyDelete
  5. I marvel at your many talents and skills. The flower drawings are gorgeous. Looks like you’re knitting some mittens to match the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of those postcards. I've seen people watercolor the little stamp sets that I use but I am not brave enough to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are enjoying lots of butterflies here, too — so nice! Love all of the watercolor you are doing... the flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. More mittens! You'll have several sets before you know it. Beautiful painting again today. It looks like you're finding plenty of time to craft.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...