Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Patches of One Kind and Another!


My Mom sent me a pile of these 4" sample squares recently.
They were from KeepSake Quilting a long time ago.
I had fun separating them into piles of like colors,
And then  into 4 patches! 
It will be an enjoyable endeavor to add to each day!
See what is ready for picking out back-
don't be distracted by the grapevines which are trying to take over!  
It is an elderberry patch!  
We have two rather large patches with lots of berries,
and lots more coming!
I want to learn how to make some syrup--
I guess there is some kitchen work ahead for me
over the next few weeks!

6 comments:

  1. Such little berries! My dad-in-law’s favorite dessert was elderberry pie, so I always think of him when I hear/see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Maybe some elderberry jam?? Those little squares your Mom sent are sweet. You will have fun with those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elderberries!! I see people making things with them all the time but I've never seen them before. Making syrup with them seems like a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my .... that made me think of Monty Python .... you mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. LOL

    Do they smell good? Or, more importantly, do they TASTE good? I'm assuming so since you make syrup from them. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The squares are making fun four-patch blocks. You’re going to be busy working with the berries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elderberry syrup sounds delicious. It's so hot here right now that the thought of standing over a stove making it doesn't sound fun though.
    Those four-patch blocks look great. I regret actually giving some material to the Goodwill while we were frantically getting the house ready for the market. I should have sent it to you and Nancy where it would have been put to good use.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...