Sunday, February 7, 2021

Love Triangles and Squares!

I joined Joy for a table runner a month this year.  This is the bones of the February one.
I chose some pink scraps and cut my 2 1/2' squares.  I used the new app promoted by Chris and Valerie to easily find how bit to make the side triangles and the corner ones.
I just cut squares from the scraps without counting and since there were all of these leftover, I decided to try a border.
Oh, yes.  This is better-I am going to put rows on the other two sides, too, I just ran out of day yesterday!  A storm kicked up and we were under a tornado watch and then a warning!  We sit and watch the radar so we know if we need to run to the "safe" room which is my closet!  It was close but we didn't have to run;  instead, it dumped some very welcome rain on us!  (2 1/2")
I'm making good progress on the puzzle.  The only problem is that I don't last lone before I have to walk away because of the eye strain!  I must not blink often enough while I search out pieces! lol
 

7 comments:

  1. I saw the weather warning for you last night. That must have been scary. You don't think of those kinds of storms in the winter but there you have it.
    That runner is lovely. All those shades of pink are so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pinks are SO pretty and perfect for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I love the border addition. I have so many 2" squares tucked away, I need to do something with, so a 9 patch project is percolating in my head. Maybe it's a great base for a Table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely gorgeous table runner. I may try my hand at small item quilting again when we get in the house. Those pinks are so pretty.
    I also saw your weather on my app. Since Dennis's brother lives in Florida we keep watch there quite a lot. I'm glad that you're safe and got some much needed rain.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute!! I like how the heart appeared!! and the border just brings out the pretty pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty table runner; I LOVE anything with hearts. Glad the tornado didn't arrive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...