Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Magnolia Vase II

The second Magnolia vase is turned, drilled and sanded;  now I add a coat of shellac and when dried, it gets sanded once more so that it is BFS-this is the term my 6th grade wood shop teacher used for his standard of sanding which means baby fanny smooth!  I achieved this standard!
I thought you would like to see the size of the branch I started with for the vase.  The branch is 4-5" wide and 8" long.  The pile of wood chips is 24" long and 12" wide and about 3" deep!
Look at this shine!  I wish you could feel how smooth it is, too.  
I think this is part of my love of wooden creations-the colors, the warmth of wood and the tactile smoothness...do you know what I mean?
I glued the glass test tube inside the vase.
And just like that, the vase is ready to use!  
(and no termites on this one! lol)

Good news on the eyes--the doctor had done some homework and asked me about being treated for Rosacea in the past and I have been.  Well, who of you have heard of Ocular Rosacea?!  It is what he is treating me for now-I see him again in three weeks and should have incredible relief in just a few days!  What a gift to have a doctor who goes the extra mile!

 

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Never heard of ocular rosacea! Hope the treatment works pronto. Another beautiful vase. And I do know what you mean about wooden things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vase is lovely. I had to smile when you mentioned your old shop teacher. My first husband was a shop teacher. In fact, he was my little sister's shop teacher. She told him he should meet me and we did. 7 years and two kids later we parted ways but he's still a good friend.
    I just brought in all our masks and gave them a good washing. I was wondering about masks and thrush. They get wet and warm and we keep them on for a long time. I was guilty of rarely washing them-just tossing them in a bag in the car. Now I wash them every time we wear them and keep The Mister's in a separate bag. Now we have to wear two when we go inside places. A surgical over a cloth one because of the variants. I'll be so glad when they are nothing but a bad memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vase! I got a chuckle from your explanation of BFS. I have rosacea, so my optometrist told me about ocular rosacea a couple of years ago. I’m glad your doctor did some research on the condition. Hopefully, now it can be treated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful creation!
    And great news on the diagnosis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new vase and the beautiful finish. I can see why this is a favorite hobby of yours. And you do it with gorgeous fingernails too! How do you do that? Mine are awful. :-)
    I'm so glad that your doctor did that research. I am praying that the new treatment works wonders. Who would have thought there was such a thing as ocular rosacea?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wood work is amazing. What a lovely vase. So glad to hear that you will soon be on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallelujah and Amen! So glad to hear things will be looking up! I got a new steroid cream, so far the rash is much better! But still, $75.00 for a small tube? It should be made of gold! Love the vase, as always, your talent is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...