Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Pieces and Pieces!

Taping my eyes shut at night sounds barbaric but it helped;  my eyes were so much less painful and blurred.  After being awake for an hour, I was tempted to try this puzzle I found when I cleaned out the house we sold!  I pulled out all of the edge pieces and set to work.
Soon enough, I had the outside completed and even started on one of the parrots.  Very enjoyable.  (Thanks for the inspiration, Deb)
Next, I set to work on this week's prompt for the SAHRR which was Flying Geese.  To make it fit my previous row's measurement, I had to trim off the first and last block-it was easy to just shave off this side.
But this end would cut off the point until I realized I could shave off the bottom of this one and then sew it back onto the row and it would work out fine!
I did just that and soon I had the top row done!  I am only adding rows to the top and bottom now-I struggle with the aesthetics of a square quilt (my own personal quirk) so I am going to stretch it out this way.
I have the pieces cut out for the bottom row which will get done another day!
Lena stayed with me all day...she is very good company!
 

7 comments:

  1. A round border? That's challenging.
    I don't know how you guys are doing that quilting thing. All that math. It makes my head swim but all of your results are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty results for your quilt. The puzzle looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lena is such a beauty!

    Love your geese - I'm debating if I will make mine square or rectangular. After this week's prompt, it's now 36" square, so I'll have to make a decision soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Round Robin quilt looks great. I’m not a fan of square quilts, except to display on a wall. Round puzzles are challenging - you’ve got a solid start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on the puzzle. I'm glad you're enjoying it. A really nice save on the quilt too. I'm glad you found a way to make it work and also very glad to hear that your eyes were better today.
    Lena is good company isn't she? Chloe follows me around and stays by my side too. I don't know what I would do without her.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't tell you how happy I am that you found Lena. She really lucked out.

    I've never worked a round puzzle. Is it harder?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad your eyes are feeling better! I sure wish my sewing was a precise as yours. Interesting to hear how you're changing the shape of your quilt; I'll have to think about that, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...