Friday, February 19, 2021

Soft and Hard

The cardigan is finished being knit and here it is drying because the lace part really needs blocking!  Comfy yarn from KnitPicks, 8 skeins, Size 5 and 7 needles, top-down knit with the pattern, Hyacinth Cardigan from Webs.  I didn't need this yesterday as the temps were up to a sunny 87*!  Don't worry, it will drop down again and the 3/4 length sleeves will be just right!

I did a bit of cleaning on my pile of wood that was just piled in the corner;  the shelf is from the house we cleaned out--it is neat and orderly now!  I'm pleased with the look and the organization of it!
While working in the workshop, I couldn't resist starting another little bowl-this one is made of Sycamore.  It looks a lot like the Magnolia to me and it did the strange coloring thing of the wood when exposed to air.  Who knew?  Come to find out, a lot of trees do that!  Interesting.
I will be making a live edge with bark on this one, too.  It's going to be a fun hour in the shop today!
Oh, and this is another one of the home projects I am working on!  The bottom of one of the doors came loose and about 15 slats had fallen out--it was a very tricky job to get the slats in place so I could hammer the side back in place to hold everything!  But I  did it!  (both eyes are pain-free and feeling normal--what a gift.  It's been a long 3 weeks!  I think the latest meds finally kicked in, thank you Lord!)
 

9 comments:

  1. The new shelving for the wood looks great! And the new chunk of wood is lovely. Glad your eyes are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your eyes are feeling better. Nice finish on the sweater! And that will be another gorgeous bowl. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the cardi finish!! It looks great. Your eyes and my mouth. I am just now finally over that thrush thing. What a mess that was. I did lose almost 10 pounds from the ordeal so there's that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear your eyes are better - feeling good makes life more enjoyable and productive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your eyes are better!
    The cardigan is lovely and I always enjoy seeing what comes off your lathe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad your eyes are better. Prayers definitely work don't they? You are such a busy lady. That cardigan is gorgeous. The lace work is so intricate. I don't know how you worked on that dark yarn with sore eyes.
    I like your live edge bowls. They are all beautiful and one of a kind works of art.
    I think there isn't anything you can't do. Look at that door you put back together. I wouldn't have the first idea how to do that.
    Have a great day and enjoy your warmth.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that your eyes are feeling better! You sure are one productive person! It's fun to see your woodworking. And that sweater is beautiful, too; I am sure you'd be wearing it here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sweater is so gorgeous, such a beautiful color. I tis chilly today but warming up tomorrow. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to hear your eyes are recovered! And what a lovely cardigan!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...