Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Wonky Stars

I had some catching up to do yesterday after I accomplished my morning chores and that was assembling last weeks pieces for the SAHRR quilt!  I sewed the borders in place and then added the four patches along the two long sides.  
This week's prompt is Wonky Stars and I managed to cut out the pieces for the stars but only sewed three before I ran out of steam!  I am well on my way now, at least!
I thought you would enjoy seeing one of my vases in use--it has some philodendron shoots in water to root.  It is pretty and a treat for my eyes while it is sitting on the kitchen island.
While it rained out, I distracted Lena with some bird-watching on TV;  I knit, smile and watch her figure it out!
 

9 comments:

  1. Those wonky stars are so pretty! The whole thing is coming together so nicely. I love seeing what you and Val come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stars really are wonky, but so cute! Tyg doesn't watch birds (or any animals) on TV. LOVE your vase!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those wonky stars are so fun! Cute picture of Lena enjoying the birds! Cats are so enjoyable...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wonky stars... I think I've figured out what I'm going to do with mine, but I'm going to wait until next week to be sure. I may combine prompts just to control the size.

    Lena is so sweet. Rupert is the only cat here who watches TV. There's a youtube Channel (Lesley the Bird Nerd) that put on just for him. As soon as he hears the birds, he comes running.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lena watching TV is so cute. Hope she enjoyed a little virtual birdie time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to see Lena so engrossed in the video! You Tube has quite a variety of videos to entertain cats and dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did 2 more than I did before running out of steam I like your stars; maybe I'll try one that's all one color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stars are funnily wonky and look great and of course I adore your vase. You are so good at those. I'm smiling at my snowman right now.
    Our cats used to love to watch the bird and squirrel videos. They would even walk behind the TV trying to figure out where they were! They were hilarious to watch.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable! Our youngest pup loves to watch the Kennel Club dog show! LOL. Lovely things coming from your hands this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...