Monday, August 2, 2021

A LITTLE BIT MORE

Being on a roll with the quilting frame work, I loaded up the Florida Souvenir quilt as soon as the backing arrived by FedEx.  
I will say, one good thing that has resulted from the pandemic, there are several companies that used to take 10 days to get a shipment to you and now only take a few days--
competition from Amazon has resulted in some efficiency!  
(I ordered the fabric for the backing from JoAnns and it came in only a few days instead of the usual 10 days!!)

I am using a pantograph called Seaside which has large shells
 and lots of tidal kind of lines in between shells.
It's very easy to stitch and it covers 16" on each row so it moves right along!  I hope to have it off the frame in just an hour
 and I hope to get it bound today, too! 
 It's good to have goals!
Here is a glimpse of the backing!  
I tried to buy some alligator fabric as suggested by Alycia of  QuiltyGirlBlogs but I couldn't find the right colors
 or even the right fabric (flannel wasn't my choice this time, thank you) and most of the fabrics were Gator fabric as in sports
 and that is definitely not me! lol  
 

5 comments:

  1. That one sure came together nicely! I love that backing. I agree that everyone has stepped up their delivery game. Except the cabinet people but that is more of a supply issue. Daughter is trying to buy furniture for her new house and is having no luck. Nothing can be delivered until late fall or early winter. Beds, couches..nothing. She did get her cabinets in and sent us a photo. We threatened to go steal them when the workman weren't looking....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty - nice choice for the backing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the backing you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The backing goes well with the front! I think most brick and mortar stores now realize that fast delivery of online orders will help sustain their business.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...