Thursday, August 26, 2021

DRIFITING FROM ROOM TO ROOM

Bill found this chair put out with someone's garbage...I gave it a good cleaning and then recovered the seat.
Look at the cool feature of this chair!  It opens for a little storage area!  I don't know what I will do with it but it will find a good spot, you can be sure!
I did a little bit of stitching;  
but spent more time in other rooms today.
I finished another square grapefruit wood bowl!  
This one moved right along-only a few hours of pleasure!
I did work in the kitchen the longest again yesterday -the last batch of muscadine jelly was successful.
See what the ripe grapes look like?  Delicious as jelly but not the best for eating fresh unless you have some cheese to go with it but I can't find a polite way to spit out the seeds! lol
 

8 comments:

  1. Hello!
    Great post. I really like your blog, it's interesting and inspiring! I will be happy to come to read more entries :)
    I wish you all the best!
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chair is very cool! I like muscadines…even the weird tangy skins. You’re right, though — the seeds are tricky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you are getting so much done. This heat and humidity is about to seriously do me in. We broke all kinds of records this year and I hate it. I have absolutely no will to live. You guys in the south must be made of different stuff...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool chair. Maybe someone used it as a chair for a sewing cabinet - it would be a great place to stash extra bobbins, scissors, pins, etc. And, there is no polite way to spit seeds, you just gotta spit! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sewing stool has storage like that, though the top isn't hinges, it just comes right off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great find on the chair! It seems to be in great shape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a pretty good looking chair. I can't wait to see what you do for a new seat cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The square bowls are amazing, you have done such a great job with them. I love how the grain of the wood shows through. Well done with the chair clean up and the certificate. Hooray another trip to the store.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...