Sunday, August 8, 2021

STAYING THE COURSE

I turned the bowl, polished the outside with wax and a buffing pad and then began the work on the inside.
I had to level the surface and then I began the job of hollowing--I requires a lot of sharpening;  did I mention that Hickory is very hard wood?! lol
When I couldn't bear the heat of the garage any more, I came in to do some more on my king-sized quilt when Lena decided to sit and take a bath....
When she finished, I began to do some sewing and added another row and began laying out the next.
 I did go ahead and cut out the rest of the blocks 
but I will piece them on Monday.  
I am looking forward to a long knit this afternoon!

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe how far you've come with that huge block of hickory! What a workout that must be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re showing that hickory log who’s boss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your woodworking skills just keep on improving!
    I really need a design wall now that I'm quilting more. It's hard to visualize everything in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing work by you my friend. I did take your advice on cleaning windows and I now have very clean windows that are sparling. I was using vinegar and water and a glass cloth, but your version of a wet and dry glass cleaning cloth wins. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...