Saturday, August 14, 2021

LINEN TABLERUNNER

I decided to make a linen table runner for the altar at church using a method I did 20+ years ago!  I folded the length of the fabric in half and centered the depth of the scallops along the outside edges.

I used my scallops template and lined up a pleasing fit.
I traced the line using the Frixion pen 
so I could stitch along this line.
But here is the trick-you don't sew using regular thread!
You have to remember to use this thread in the bobbin and spool.
It's easy to stitch along this line.
And then you have to remember to trim away
 on the proper side of this seam!  
The center is what is removed!
Next, the seam allowance must be clipped 
so the seam allowance will lay flat.
Then the magic happens after you turn the piece inside out so it has the points turned nicely and everything lays flat and smooth for pressing.  I spritzed it with water 
and then gave it a hard press.
 And then the magic happens!  
Gently, you pull the stitching apart 
by pulling the two halves away from each other! 
 Another press to keep the seam allowance in place.  
Tomorrow, I will sew the next step
and finish the runner!

3 comments:

  1. That is just brilliant. Scallops are pretty but such a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never, ever heard of any of this. I'm really looking forward to the final step. I have so much to do and no energy to do any of it. It must be jet lag, but it feels like "let down". I've looked forward to that trip for so long and it's over. We really didn't want to come home except to see our girls here. We loved the UK and would happily move there if we could.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...