Thursday, August 12, 2021

A DAY IN THE STUDIO!

I finished piecing the Coral Reef Quilt for my room--it is large (117" x 99") and just the right mix of corals!  Now, this is just the top layer and today I head to Daytona to buy the 3 B's I need to complete it (Backing, batting and binding! lol)  
I'm going with a friend; the one I've been teaching how to quilt 
and she has completed her top so she is in need of the 3 B's also; it will be a good time of shopping!
Since I was without a project for the design wall, I hunted through a pile and found these kid fabrics I had bought a few years ago so I could make a 'JAR' quilt.  I couldn't find the instructions, though.
So I began to dig through these two shelves 
and I really cleaned it out!  
And I found it!  
And then cut out the 'jar' fabric--enough to make two quilts!
I also found two charm packs--I haven't organized these but just stuck them on the design wall to see what I have.
This one is a tutti-frutti mix which I love! 
 I will have to buy border fabric for this one!  
What a burden! lol
 

5 comments:

  1. That top is huge! It didn't look so big on the design wall. What an accomplishment that is going to be! It is really pretty and perfect in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much fun is your day going to be!!! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coral quilt is so lovely. Enjoy your shopping spree!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love all of it! Have fun shopping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the fabric shopping trip with your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FABRIC FORTUNES

I enjoyed a day at home yesterday!  It has been a long time since I had a relaxing day at home!  I cleaned (which I like to do!) and launder...