Tuesday, August 17, 2021

LINEN REVEAL!

Heirloom linens are treasured from generation to generation; 
 this one is brand new but could fit right in the family of antique!  
Instead of hand stitching the overlay down, I have used my sewing machine in a blanket stitch using a large needle to give a bit of a extra dimension to the stitching.
The results are subtle but elegant, I think you will agree!
This will be on the altar table in the front of the church. 
 22" x 72" of 100% bleached linen.
 And this is how it is stored when not in use--it stops the wrinkle lines from becoming a permanent character for the table runner.  I sure enjoyed making this;  it's been a long time since I have played with such an antique project!

6 comments:

  1. Very elegant, I agree! You did a fantastic job on such a special project xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done - and what a great place for it to be displayed and revered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful alter cloth. I've never seen the process in making one before so thank you for taking us through it. I crocheted an alter cloth for our church in Spokane about 25 years ago. They still use it every week. It was a labor of love as I'm sure yours was.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...