Sunday, August 1, 2021

THREE FINISHES

The binding was put on the purple quilt and then I tossed them both in the washer/dryer so  they are ready to mail out on Monday.
I included a hug with each quilt so they will comfort a child in need.
I then got to work piecing all of the blocks for my new bed quilt-and even the rows are seamed.  This quilt is large! 
 I am making it 117" by 99" so I am almost half done. 
 (13 blocks by 11 rows total)
I have another finish--the bowl is completed;  all of the layers of shellac applied with sanding in between each one!
I present the inside of the bowl--such a confluence of grains! 
 It is so pretty, if I do say so myself!
I like to keep some of the wood's imperfections-this is the outside of the log left as part of the side instead of being turned away.
Also, this little depression with wrinkles was carefully kept as part of the rim;
so that the whole is fascinating and keeps your eye moving from one area to the next! 
 (9" round and 6" deep)

6 comments:

  1. So much done! The quilts are really wonderful. You really got them together fast.
    The new bowl is spectacular. It looks like marble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three incredible finishes! Those quilts will be much loved and oh my on that bowl! It is incredible. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bowl would make a GREAT yarn bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, the bowl is fabulous, and a nice size, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bowl! That's going to be one BIG fabulous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for visiting One Saylor's Log and leaving a lovely comment💞 I enjoyed scrolling back through some of your posts and getting to know you a bit better and I so admire your work, including your last three finishes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...