Friday, August 27, 2021

CLOSING ON GOALS

The size 6 girl's sweater is close to binding off at the bottom and then I will have to pick up the sleeve stitches and rib those and bind off.  Sweaters in Florida have short sleeves to get the most use!  I'm looking forward to casting on the second one in size 2 which will go much more quickly!
The Desert Rose is sending out its first blooms for the winter-they are beautiful!
I stopped off at my local fabric store after my monthly doctor's appointment to pick up some material for two borders for the charm pack quilt.  I will attach them today while my friend Mary closes in on the finish for her quilting work at the frame!
I did happen to look for some interesting fabric to make an adult Jar Collection quilt while I was there!
 And was surprised to learn I had earned this gift certificate;  Miss D's still offers one for spending $200 over any amount of time!  I can't wait to savor special trip to shop 
next time I am in town!

7 comments:

  1. So many different and pretty colors in this post. The flower is gorgeous as is the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when there isn’t a time limit for earning rewards — bravo to Miss D’s! Is that sea glass on that one fabric? Pretty sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sweater is adorable!
    Nice fabric finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet sweater and love the charm square top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not many shops still offer customer loyalty programs. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the loyalty card!!! So much fun to spend "free" money!

    When we were in Orlando, I tried so many times to grow those Desert Rose plants. I killed EVERY one. :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...