Friday, November 8, 2019

It's Been A While Since Beach

Bill and I decided to spend the day at the beach yesterday.
It has been 6 months since we went to see the ocean!
How does that happen....?
I did a lot of knitting, since the physical pains wouldn't allow a beach walk.
It was nice to just sit and soak up the mild sun
 and yet not be too hot because of the warm ocean breeze.
  (83* air and the water was still 77*)
I was surprised by this neat sight-how beautiful and calm the horses were 
even with the waves pounding right next to them! 
 (the waves were 4-6' high)
While I miss seeing the Canadian geese fly in their V formation,
I did enjoy the many brown pelicans that flew overhead the same way!
We stayed right at Crescent Beach all day-
I had made us sandwiches so we nibbled
as the urge struck and savored the day.
Bill did some fishing and fed the crabs mostly....
He threw the bits the crabs left on the hook to the little terns
who gobbled them up pretty quickly.
It wasn't until evening that his patience paid off;
He caught a mullet!
We stayed until dark;
the sun set behind us yet still reflected beautifully on the clouds in the eastern horizon.
What a perfect day.

7 comments:

  1. How fun to stay until dark! Looks like a wonderfully relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day!!! That's the cure for what ails you for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, my kind of day! I love the sound of the waves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! It sounds so perfect. That has always been our dream...to live close to the ocean. It's about an 8 hour drive for us to get to the nearest beach in Oregon. Thank you for taking me with you this morning. It also seems strange to think of the sun setting BEHIND you when you're at the beach since I'm usually on the west coast!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...