Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Quilting Group

 During our quilter's group on Monday, I finished sewing the strips 
and cutting them into 6 1/2" blocks.
Once home, I arranged them into their final placement-now to sew them together!
(36" x 48")
 I also finished seaming all of the blocks to the peppermint sticks quilt top!  (36" x 48")
 There is so much sparkle in this quilt!
I hope it shows in the photo!
 The honey comb quilt is off the frame!  The binding will happen today!
 I used a happy little bee panto on this one!
 One of the ladies in the group brought me all of these 5" blocks of Christmas colored fabrics.
I think I can get 3 quilt tops out of this pile!
One of the nice aspects of getting together to quilt, is the sharing and teaching we take the time
to offer one another.  It is great to have a group of knowledgeable and generous women!
I didn't waste any time in putting the next quilt on the frame--I keep making more tops;
I have to keep up with myself!

9 comments:

  1. Wow...you are really on a roll! I had to close up the quilt side of the craft room while I am making soap. Those two messes don't mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Peppermint sticks” — I love that! I’m not sure why, since I don’t actually like eating real peppermint sticks very much, but at Christmastime, I love all things that look like peppermint sticks! I even bought a pair of pajama pants with that theme yesterday. And “happy little bee” — Bob Ross would approve. :) Pretty quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so much more fun to stitch with friends! The laughter from our sessions sustain me until the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy! It all looks so nice. I love the peppermint sticks quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peppermint sticks is lovely - love all the sparkle! I'm glad you found a fun group of quilters to sew with and to find new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of them are beautiful.

    Where does your quilt group meet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! Look at that pretty sparkly quilt! It's beautiful and I love the bee. How fun. I'm hoping to go to a charity knit group today for the first time. It's at a nursing home and I'm not sure outsiders are welcome. They lady who answered the phone when I called didn't know. I so want to find other people to craft with. It gets lonely here at home. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to wary of making too many tops at once! I can only get up to Moms to quilt once a week (at most), so I can quickly outpace myself

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bee is so cute!!!!! All of you who sew amaze me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...