Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Before, During and After

The before portion of this post, is a newly loaded quilt on the frame.
This one jumped to the front of the line because I wanted it there!
I couldn't wait to see it finished and 
now it is all ready for me to do some quilting today, first thing.
(As soon as I can get moving!)
The during part of the refers to the seaming that will now
take place on the hot-off-the-needle-bed
v-neck raglan sweater.
NOT
top down, but bottom up and it looks like I nailed the fit this time!
This one is made of the Cotton/Bamboo yarn that has a wonderful
hand but was a splitting misery to work with-that being said,
now that it's done being made, I will enjoy wearing it!
Onward to the seaming....
 And the After?  A finished quilt!  
Wonderfully textured and ready to warm up a lap!

It was quilted with an all-over panto-hearts and shwoops. 
 Don't you just love this corner of the quilt!
I am not a real purple fan but I have been enjoying the plums
and even bought myself a t-shirt this color!
It's good to leave the rut sometimes!  

7 comments:

  1. Lovely quilting. The word shwoops really describes it and made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That finished quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finished quilt! Those purples are so rich

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful new sweater and quilt just in time for the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sewing/craft room has seen a flurry of activity! Great projects. I love how quilts "crinkle" after laundering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweater is very pretty but that quilt is gorgeous! I love the quilting of it and the beautiful colors.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh oh oh!! I love the border of that quilt. IT makes the whole quilt look so great! Love love love

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...