Saturday, November 2, 2019

WelCome Fall!

 It is finally Autumn here in NE Florida.
The mornings are crisp for us at 60* in the mornings and 72 by afternoon.
Perfect weather to get outside and putter in the yard again!
I hauled out the Fall decorations, it is always nice to see old projects again.
 I love to sit in my dining room;
there is sunshine and a great view of the pool and yard expanse behind that. 
 We made an 'emergency' visit again to the fabric store so I could buy batting for all of the quilts!
JoAnn Fabric's no longer carries my brand for batting which is Warm and Natural Cotton.
This is Pellon and it is limp in comparison!  
It is all they are going to carry now-even online so I have to adjust. 
 What is it with losing the brands I am used to buying?!
Did you ever make a dishcloth that is too pretty to use?
This one hangs up on the wall in the kitchen--adding color and texture but not in use! lol
At least the Wal-Mart in Ormond Beach had some of the
 dishcloth yarns that I like, so I stocked up!

11 comments:

  1. Looks so lovely and cozy with all your fall decorations! Warm and Natural is my favorite too... and I don't think I can buy it here. Thankfully I still have a whole bolt from when I had my little shop - but what will I do after that? I don't know... sigh... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your table runner!!! I keep my pumpkin dishcloth on top of the bread bin for a decoration too! It's too pretty to use. I have the sunflower one that I keep there in the warm months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks like fall at your house now. I had to smile at your use of the word "crisp". That would be summer like here.
    Your table runner and quilts are beautiful. I love the pumpkin dishcloth and wouldn't use it either.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fall is just beginning, ours is almost over! Temps have dropped and the wind is howling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warm and Natural is my preferred brand, too. Your temperatures sound ideal for Fall - enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today has been beautiful, finally! We are cooling down this evening, it is almost feeling a bit chilly. I love it. Love all your decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You mean I have to start shopping somewhere else for my batting too? Oh no!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dining room looks lovely.

    We bought counter height stools tonight so I can work in the kitchen where the light is better and it is warmer. Can't wait for Steve to put them together.

    The room I work in now is in the stone portion of the house and it gets pretty chilly in here (no insulation between the stone and the drywall and none in the attic room above this room).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am amazed at all the projects you make. I have gotten so many sock patterns that you have shown and each one was wonderful. Keep up the good work. Love your blog. Shiralyn from Menifee, ca.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for fall, in all of its regional variations! Pretty projects. I am sad to hear about the Warm & Natural...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...