Saturday, November 9, 2019

Scenery Close and Far

 Bill played on the tractor this week-and promptly got stuck!
It took over an hour to pull him out-he was really sunk in deeply!
 If you have followed the saga of the back woods flooding over the last 18 months,
this is a picture of what it looks like now.  
A real dead tree forest. 
Most of the pine trees and all of the maples have perished.
The great egret is happy with the shrinking water levels, though;
it makes for good fishing!
 Here is a picture my oldest son sent me;
I was born under the shadow of this mountain!
(well , in the army hospital but this was still the view!)
Mt. Rainier.
If this picture can't tempt me back into painting, nothing can.

6 comments:

  1. Both yours and your son's view is beautiful! I love nature in all her forms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your backwoods photo reminds me of a spooky movie. Scary and eerie. Mt. Ranier is indeed a lovely mountain. I do love the mountains here in the Northwest.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My back woods look like yours. All my trees are dead and dying from who knows what. It's so sad. I'm afraid to go out there anymore because they just fall over or drop huge branches for no reason. We've got two more near the house that died over the summer that need to come down. There is no end to the work keeping the place up and we're getting a bit old for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill doesn't look too disturbed by his stuckedness. LOL Glad you got the tractor (and Bill) out.

    Did the trees die FROM the flooding. I'm guessing the St. Johns is still somewhat salty up by you. It sure is salty down in Jax.

    That second from the bottom photo would make a GORGEOUS painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think he really minds getting stuck at all! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s a good thing there isn’t any quicksand by you because I think Dad would still be tempted to see how close he could get! Beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...