Wednesday, October 19, 2022

BLESSING OF BEING GRANDPARENTS

During the morning yesterday, when I had made two rectangles which were going to become slippers, I received a phone call to babysit the boys as Matthew's sitter had to cancel!  No problem!  We decided to go early and spend some time with all of them after the boys got out of school.
Over the St Johns to Matthew's house! 
 What a beautiful day-mild and sunny and NO humidity!
On the way, I finished putting the seams in the slippers and gave them a try on--my toes are cramped due to the windshield! lol
Once we had the boys, we huriedly changed their clothes and headed to the park next to their home.
Bike riding is always a good after school activity!  They whizzed away and in back of us-probably doubling the distance I walked.
Look at the size of this stump--it is easily 5-6' across!  
Throughout the park are these hidden frogs-
very fun to spot along the way!
When we went near the water, the boys parked their bikes so they could throw stones...
and climbed the trees. 
 The wind was much stronger by the water!
The water was choppy and the waves were impressive!  If you look at the top right of the photo, you will see the end of the pier--a very long pier!  During Ian, the water was right up to the level of the pier! All of this area was under water, too!
Here we enjoyed the view from the end of the pier!
This is looking toward Jacksonville--you can see the skyline-just.
Heading back down the pier--you can see how far
 it juts out into the river!
I took a lot longer to walk back--I could feel my left hip catching and my right knee throbbed!  I was slow but determined to walk all the way back without help! lol
What a view!  This is looking southwest--away from Jax.
Look at this 1892 log cabin that was built to hold their wine making.  The walk did me a lot of good--especially the good company! 

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely day! The park looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice that you are able to be there for your kids like that. The park looks and sounds like a lot of fun. I hope your hip and knee are feeling better today.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice that you and Bill can help out when needed. The after school outing looks like it was fun - with pretty views,too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love a good walk - and that looks like a great place for one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a good time with the boys.

    I love seeing a view of the river. Florida certainly has some beautiful landscape. (I do miss living on the river. I certainly don't miss the hurricanes and the flooding. THAT was awful.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful day! The photos are amazing. What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your slippers are so fun, I love them !
    And what a fabulous day with your grandchildren, how lovely for them (and you) to have you close by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...