Wednesday, October 26, 2022

SHARING THE FRAME

Mary came yesterday and loaded up her flannel puzzle quilt!  She is backing it in minky fabric.  She had it half done when she had to leave.  It will wait for her until next time!
Now here is a fact--I have never owned a hot water bottle.  We've had heating pads but you are hampered by the cord and having to remember to turn them off eventually.  Well, I must admit-I am so thrilled with the heat and comfort from this kind of heat!  While Mary was working, I enjoyed knitting this on my Sentro using my handspun Rambouillet woolen yarn;  it is a perfect combination!
 

6 comments:

  1. I admire Mary's ability to get all those checks lined up just right in those puzzle pieces. In a million years I could never get mine to look so nice.
    I love my hot water bottle. When I had the two week toothache it came in very handy. I bought one with a flannel cover but yours looks much cozier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is "minky" fabric. I love all those flannels. So cozy looking. Mary did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heating pads I use get lukewarm at best, even on “high.” I need to make a rice bag or get a water bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friends quilt is going to be so cozy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is so wonderfully old-fashioned looking to me. Cozy too, with the minky fabric on the back. Your hot water bottle cozy is wonderful. I hope you get a lot of use out of it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun puzzle quilt!! Glad she got to quilt it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

BLUE SKIES, BLUE WAVES

We were in St Augustine yesterday for an appointment for Bill and when we arrived, the receptionist informed us that the doctor (surgeon) ha...