Saturday, October 8, 2022

GIRLS' DAY OUTING

Our local quilt show had a quilt show yesterday and I went with two friends to enjoy, admire and be inspired!  This one was of interest to me because it was a hunter Star which I have made--but the setting really ramped this one's wow factor!
There was a large quilt with all of the lighthouses this quilter has visited;  I lived near this one!
I took a picture of ths one because I knew it would've been a favorite of my Mom and she wanted to share it for her!
I really liked this one--it is a panel quilt but the actual stitching is absolutely amazing!  Very clever!
And like last year-we all stood checking out this quilt made with house linens--there will be one of these
 in my repertoire this coming year!
After the quilt show, we three went out for lunch
 and a very nice time of talking.  
When I got home, I washed and dried my car and then was ready to drop-so I sat and knitted until bedtime! 
 What a wonderful day!
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, good golly! What treasures. That lighthouse quilt stole my heart. Before my mom passed away I took her on a lighthouse tour of New England. She loved lighthouses. We have a few nice ones here in MD but nothing like they have up north. They are works of art.
    Oswego is a familiar name to me also. When I was married to Mister #1 we lived for a time in Canajoharie, NY while he did a construction job on a house there. It was beautiful. I didn't want to leave but he got a job offer here he couldn't pass up with the power company in Wash DC and I needed to finish my teaching degree at the U of MD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Hunter's Star is wow!!! Glad you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SOME KNITTING TIME

I will be working on my sock knitting today since I will be in the waiting room for quite a while;   Bill is having surgery to remove his ga...