Sunday, October 2, 2022

WORK AND PLAY SATURDAY

I gathered 10 cart-fulls of debris until I called it quits!  I looks better that the view out the windows is clear at least.  There's lots more but it will wait.
When I took a ride out to the flooded area, I could see the White Egret in the water and a cormorrant on the boat!
I had to pick up some meds at the store and drove around to survey the damage in town--they were doing a very good job of cleaning up yards and streets.  Our town is old enough to have several Victorian homes in good shape!  Pretty.  This one is on a hill overlooking Crescent Lake.
Look!  The Lifesaver Cactus is in bloom!
When I needed to come in and cool off, I decided to knit with some of my handspun yarn!  It worked beautifully!
I made two hats out of one 3 oz skein-a toddler and youth hat with it.  The blue/orange hat is one I reworked from the early hat I made because I have learned how to change colors better than in the beginning! lol
I also finished block #6 and am looking for my next one!
 

3 comments:

  1. Our town is all sandbagged up waiting for that coastal flooding they promised us. It hasn't been a deluge here but it doesn't take much once the bay takes on more than it can handle. At least we didn't get the winds-so far.
    Your handspun projects are lovely. I had so much fun going through my bins and sorting it out. I wish I was better at using it up. Must knit faster...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lifesaver cactus is in bloom too! I got so excited when I noticed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure got a lot cleaned up. Good for you! The knitting looks great too. The handspun yarn knitted up really nice. My machine is supposed to be here on Tuesday. I hope it comes before we leave to go camping although I won't be able to take it with us. I'll probably be panic emailiing you for help when I finally get to use it. :-)
    Take care my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...