Tuesday, October 25, 2022

WOOD, YARN AND CLOTH

These are the highlights of my day!  What do you think of little Yoda?  He is just too cute!  He stands about7" high;  made on my 22 needle Addi.  I watched this YouTube to make it. The bowl cozy is a gift from a friend who knows I don't like eating my ice cream from a sweating bowl! lol  And the acorn?  Welll, I was successful with my goal of turning it into a secret box!
I sawed the bottom from the cap--by hand because the blade broke on my bandsaw!  Then I had to hollow out another piece of wood to hold the cap so I could hollow it out.  Then I cut off that end of the wood and hollowed out a shape for the lower portion of the acorn.  I hollowed that out and then polished them both again!
Now, the inside is hollow and the two pieces snap together looking like it was before only now it is better!
If you count the stem, it measures 4" now.  When I make this again, I will do the hollowing in the beginning and it will be mush easier and a more efficient use of time!  I made it out of oak-in case I forgot to say that before;  what else would you make an acorn out of?!
 

8 comments:

  1. That acorn is so cool! And the baby Yoda is very fun! (Just a few years ago, your eldest grandchild would have been begging you to make one for him…but now, in the latest purge of his room, most of his Star Wars stuff has gone. Talk about the end of an era…hear this mama sniff sniff…!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The acorn is fabulous! And I love little yoda, very cool he is!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby Yoda is just too adorable!! And I love the acorn box. I have an acorn needle holder with very thin slots for needles, so not all hollowed out, just some round holes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear friend, is there anything you can't do if you put your mind to it? I don't think I know anyone else who is so talented at so many things. That acorn is so sweet and so is Baby Yoda. I can't imagine how fiddly the process of making the acorn was. It's just beautiful with that wonderful wood grain.
    Have a blessed day Cindy.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That acorn is awesome! And so is baby yoda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby Yoda is adorable. The acorn turned out really nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well hello Baby Yoda! I made two of them years ago in crochet and swore never again. The knit version adorable. He looks so soft and squishy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...