Sunday, May 10, 2020

Highs and Lows!

 We started yesterday with a visit from the tree-trimming man! 
 He really soared high!
We hired him to cut the middle out of this tree so that it didn't hang over the house and block the afternoon sun from the pool area, too!
 Bill cleaned up all of the branches and leaves and you can see how much more open the tree is.
A good few hours' work!
 Meanwhile, I was making a mess of things!  
When things go well, they go very well but when they go poorly, they turn really foul!
 I threaded a circular needle way under the mess and then unraveled what  was above the needle.
It is in the naughty bucket!
 I had a better time loading the little carpenter's wheel wall hanging (doll blanket)
and began quilting it.  Nice and easy stuff-I draw the lines on the quilt and then stitch them!
 I finished plying the Cotswold singles-
and ended up with a skein of 216 yards of fingering?  DK?  
This fiber is still a bit greasy so when I wash it, 
it will most likely bloom a lot.
I still have 2 ounces to spin in a small to dye so I will have natural and dyed to play with in the future.
I hope you had a good Saturday, too!

8 comments:

  1. Wouldn't I just love to have that tree man come and do the same here. After we took down all those trees around the house I have a tiny sunspot out back that I would love to make a veggie garden but alas...not enough full sun. It was just a tease. I have a plan though and as soon as we get out of the deep freeze here I've got some work to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a busy day at your house. Sorry about the knitting but at least it's something that can be fixed. The quilting is beautiful as is the newly spun yarn.
    You always have fun things happening!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a productive day! Love the way you are quilting the little carpenter's wheel. That sweater barf looks pretty intimidating but I am sure you will have it back on track in record time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are keeping busy, that's for sure. I hope you put your naughty knitting in time out until it decides to cooperate! What did you mark the quilt with? I didn't know that you also spin! You are a woman of many talents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful you will have more light on your pool. That looks like a major headache as well as a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a pretty productive day all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, I guess that happens once in a while. You are usually so successfuL! Sorry . Hope you had a good Mothers day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Better him than me... it’s impressive, though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...