Thursday, May 7, 2020

Inside and Outside Stuff

 While I wrestle with the last few rows of the apple core quilt,
 Bill has been spiffing up the front yard!
This tree had died and was not only ugly but dangerous.
He cut off the large branch on the left and it is growing so he wanted to try to cut it back to the
main trunk to see if it would sprout!
We will see.
(I am going to yarn bomb this guy soon enough! Bwahaha!)
 Look how nice the date palms look now-it is nice and necessary to trim off the lower
boughs each year because they turn brown and aren't attractive!
 He even planted the bougainvilleas at the base of the arbor!  
Doesn't it look nice --I can't wait until the nurseries open
 and I can surround the birdbath with flowers!
I caught up with Bill for a photo--even the small cabbage palms got a trim!

9 comments:

  1. It all looks lovely!! You will have fun with the yarn bombing I bet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like never ending upkeep! But the beauty is surely a great reward for the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree trunk will be fun to yarn bomb - I know you’re dreaming up some great creations for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just out back and now I can see what trees didn't make it through the winter. We've got one really close to the house. It's small but it could do some damage if it comes over in a summer storm but I really don't think I am in the mood for more chainsaw drama. I hope it holds on for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful yard you have. I can't imagine having palm trees in my yard. We have evergreens!
    That will make a great yarn bombing tree. I'll look forward to seeing what you do to it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your tropical trees and foliage. And can't wait to see a yarn bomb! It's really fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you have a really big yard! It was fun to see all of your plants. Can you believe that people here in the PNW have fan palms!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always loved when the palm trees had fresh haircuts. At our Orlando house that always involved both of us since they were so tall. Steve on the roof and me on the ground with ropes to guide the fronds as they fell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A little tidying up yields such big rewards — looking great! The arbor is beautiful...it will be fun to watch the plants make their way upward.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...