Thursday, May 14, 2020

FEELIN' GROOVY!

 I hope you're singing!
  I present to you the colorful and happy mailbox art!
 The back side of the box.  
(Even though the mail people don't see this side, I wanted everyone to be able to see color, too.)
I had fun coloring a whole spiral and then covering it with the black 
and doing what is called negative painting.  
I struggle with wrapping my head around it but the numbers are
 legible and was a good brain exercise!
I hope to make a lot of smiles on my road!


And if you need help knowin' the words to the song....
I will help you out!

Slow down, you move too fast

You got to make the morning last
Just kicking down the cobblestones
Looking for fun and feeling groovy
Ba da-da da-da da-da, feeling groovy
Hello lamppost, what'cha knowing

I've come to watch your flowers growin'
Ain't you got no rhymes for me?
Doo-ait-n-doo-doo, feeling groovy
Ba da-da da-da da-da, feeling groovy
I got no deeds to do, no promises to keep

I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morningtime drop all its petals on me
Life, I love you, all is groovy
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Paul Simon
The 59th Street Bridge Song lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

11 comments:

  1. It looks FABULOUS! Love the little dove too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was singing the song before I saw your words. Boy, did that bring back memories. Love that mailbox, it's perfect. It would sure make me smile if I saw it in my neighborhood.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!! You nailed it! I bet your mail carrier smiles everytime they see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! It will become an instant landmark for giving directions and will most definitely create happiness and smiles for those who pass it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an awesome mail box!!! I want one! what a great way to stand out and offer smiles at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy mailbox! You have certainly set the bar high for your neighborhood. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, LOVE the mailbox.

    It's 1968 --- the summer of LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so so Cute! !!! Cheery and whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so perfect! I love it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is very psychedelic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...