Friday, May 29, 2020

Stars and Rows

 Sometimes you just know when you need to add a bit more ; 
 the sashing and cornerstones are just what this star quilt needed!
Now to stitch it all together!
 Lena is a little bent out of shape.....she is not liking our afternoon thunderstorms!
 I made another cake tier server!  See how much more casual it can be?!
And if I want to rearrange the plates, it is easy to unscrew the supports and mix 'n match! lol
(I broke the one that was supposed to go on top so I had to try something else-as soon as I can,
I will be scavenging the thrift store for some plates in the three different sizes!)
 And when you knit too late in the evening you get this for a corner....
it as supposed to be a simple square but I forgot what I was doing and made it a rectangle!
 See the top--I did it right and that was the last square, too!
Now I am adding the edging, using up all of the little balls and knitting in the ends as I go so there will not be a ton of weaving in when I yell, "Voila!"

9 comments:

  1. What a cute picture of Lena. I've never had a cat that wasn't a bit unraveled by thunderstorms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt just gets prettier!!
    I love the edging on you blanket. I've never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your projects are simply wonderful. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stars! Love Lena! And I love that blanket edging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is just perfect. You're right as to what it needed...as usual! :-)
    Lena is definitely bent out of shape. The contortions that cats can do is crazy. I wish I were that flexible!
    I'm enjoying your blanket very much. I love the edging. Would you share what you're doing?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sashing and cornerstones are just perfect for the stars. Love the edging on your blanket. I just ties it all together. Beautiful Lena!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's cool that you can switch out the plates even after the stand is "finished".

    I am waiting for our thrift shops to open up. I need a few saucer size plates to put under my orchids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dog lies with his legs up like your cat. I always laugh when he does that. The border edging for the blanket is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...