Saturday, May 16, 2020

Cutting Up!

Recently, I found this vintage fabric, it is 100% cotton, 35" wide.
The graphic design and modern looking colors really appealed to me!
There is only one yard so I had to decide how to use it well.
I had though to cut it up with the Accuquilt but when I cut out the center
square of the Churn Dash block, 
it was too small for the design and I lost the
paint brushes!
So I cut them all out myself after a little bit of math.
The finished block is 12" instead of 9";
not a big increase but now just right!
Here is the first block all assembled!
The pile sits by my sewing machine so I can stitch one up in no time! 
Since I was on a roll, I pulled the left over fabric from my last QOV 
and only cut out a few more
white squares to round out the design.  
This will be a large lap quilt when completed.
I also came across a few fat quarters of boy prints-fish, rockets, trains, planes and firetrucks!
I used plain black as the alternating blocks.
Now to get stitching!

6 comments:

  1. You've got the best stash of material!! Having no sense of color I tend to just stick with collections. Dad was good for picking up the odd yard of interesting fabric. Me-not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You weren't lying when you said you got busy cutting! Love the paintbrush fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVE that paint brush fabric!! I think you did a great job choosing a project to showcase it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute fabrics, although I love them all, I'm partial to the firetrucks as we had lots of firefighters/paramedics in our family.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...