Saturday, May 2, 2020

A Postcard

 Isn't this a pretty embroidery?
I kept changing threads while working away on more yarn bombing elements,
it was nice to spend relaxing time in the studio yesterday.
Today I will turn it into a pillow!
And I need to find a complementary design for the other pillow, too.
 And I made a mask for my brother and sister-in-law--this is the pretty side....
and this is the skin side. I hope the denim won't be too hot to use.
After dinner last night, Bill took me on a golf cart ride to see how the water has receded 
and we have a pond again.
The beautiful maple trees are all dead
along with most of the pine trees
but the water is almost all back where it was and lawns will soon follow!
It is a new kind of pretty back there now.
I think we all have to appreciate a new kind of pretty in our lives, too.

9 comments:

  1. Agreed. The new normal is not pretty but it's here to stay so we better just adjust and carry on. I had an awful night last night after Daughter sent me a clipping about the state using our old rink as a morgue. I don't think I slept a wink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new kind of pretty is a great way to look at it. I'll keep that in mind as I wall around today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your embroidery piece. So cute. And the yarn bombing, and the masks, and your lovely friends. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your view is beautiful with that bright blue sky.

    The masks look great too. We finally found some paper ones that we can use when our bright color ones are inappropriate.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely embroidery!
    And I love you pond. I look forward to seeing pictures of it evert year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post! Love the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your embroidery! I have been using a contrasting fabric on the back of the masks I make for a fundraiser. That way, the wearer knows which side was against their face if they take the mask off and then put it back on. I see quite a few masks hanging on rear view mirrors and I even take mine off if there is a good distance between errands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty embroidery project. I hope you find a matching one that you like. I think your pond is very pretty. It's too bad about the trees but I'm sure the new landscape will be nice too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting how the pond looks so familiar and yet so different. Could you please send me the link for the masks you’re making? It is different than the one I made; I'd like to try this one, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SUNSHINE!

The Heliopsis is in bloom again and has many buds ready to continue the beauty for most of the summer! But I had to reach quite high to get ...