Friday, May 15, 2020

Stitching in the Studio

 
 Now that the mailbox knitting and painting is finished,
I wanted to wrap up some unfinished business in the studio!
The little quilt that I cut out for this QAL on April 20th and just took off the frame!
(it is 22" x 26")  A Carpenter's Star.
 The labels I ordered months ago arrived in time to sew into the binding of this one!
The quilt will be donated.
 So I couldn't wait to load up the apple core block quilt.
It is nice to be doing a pantograph because I struggled
with the free motion of the in tinier spaces on the mini-quilt!
This old dinosaur takes a bit more muscle than I have right now!
By the time I am finished, I will be much stronger!
I even began some quilting of butterflies and flowers.
The anti-cat-hammock Contac papter is in place.....just in case of a roaming marauder!

9 comments:

  1. How beautiful!!! Both are such a pretty blue. I really need to dig up something to machine quilt before I lose that skill. It doesn't take much these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabrics! Beautiful blues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! So cute!! And the mail box is spectacular! They won't miss your house, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s wonderful that your strength is returning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so beautiful. I'm glad you feel up to quilting again. I can't imagine how much strength it takes to move the machine around, although I have no idea how it all works. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those blue quilts are just beautiful! I just adore the carpenter's wheel mini. What great physical therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilts! I have never seen the carpenter's star.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...