Friday, May 1, 2020

May Day!

 This is my first sight when I awaken each morning....
six beautiful blooms on the orchid. 
They have lasted so long!
 And when I rise from bed, I smile at this nosegay!  
And today I'm smiling especially wide because it is our 44th anniversary!
 Someone knocks good morning!
Bill left the door open a bit for the cats to run in and out on their own
and for a minute we feared he would walk right in!
He knocks very loudly with that 8" beak of his!
 The yard is waking up, too, with warm-weather blooms like this hibiscus.
 And the prickly pear cactus blooms every May!
We saw the southwest landscape in bloom like this on our honeymoon.
 Doesn't this look very desert-like?!  There are several variations of the agave plants in our yard.
 The first blossom of our Crinum this year, I missed 
but I am watching for the second every day so I won't miss the glorious aroma it releases! 
 (see-it's white!)
My knitting for the day-a new pair of socks.
Normally we go to Corky Bells for our lunch on the deck over the St Johns River....
we might have to take a rain check this year!

10 comments:

  1. Love that bird - but it would freak me out to have him knocking on my door. Surprised he comes up that close...with the cats...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orchids always spark memories of high school prom. Love the photo of your visitor, knocking on the door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaPpY, HaPpY Anniversary! What a wondeful day for you. I love your beautiful orchid and nosegay. That visitor is hilarious. I showed it to my husband and he reminded me of a trip we took the the Oregon coast last year when the seagulls were knocking on the window trying to get in. I was frying bacon and they obviously wanted some!
    I hope you're able to enjoy your day and make some good memories.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary!!!
    That bird is too much! I've got a turkey vulture that is showing up every day now for a handout. He's ugly as all get out but at the same time kinda cute in the way he's begging for food by looking in the door like one of the cats who seem not to be bothered by him/her at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! What beautiful plants you have - both inside and outside. Interesting visitor - very brave and trusting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! That bird would scare the bejeezus out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Love that bird! That's awesome!
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First and foremost ..............HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

    I had a big old laugh at that sandhill crane. They sure aren't shy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous blooms! The crane is cute as long as he doesn’t knock before everyone is awake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary to you both! 44 years is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...