Saturday, May 9, 2020

Searching, Alas

 
 Searching through all of my likely and unlikely places for the thread, 
I managed to clean out some areas--like this pile of quilt magazine.
I will bring them to a friend who wants to learn how to quilt--
she's getting her first sewing machine this week!
 I was so frustrated trying to find the thread I worked myself up and had to go and distract myself often-I worked on the front of the blue sweater on the knitting machine
 I thought about going to do more on the mailbox but stalled.
 I knit up a swatch for the new cotton sweater--does it look blue, grey or green to you?!
And finally late in the day,
I admitted defeat and pinned the border in place on the long sides, too,
and I stitched them down with a small blanket stitch in blue rayon thread.
It looks okay.
I will like it better when I get over the angst of losing the first choice thread!

7 comments:

  1. The yarn looks grey, but remember, computer monitors vary in their depiction of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when that happens. You can imagine how often I do that with my kitchen in a mess. I go through boxes looking for stuff that I never can find at least once a day. At this rate I'll have the whole kitchen unpacked again before long.
    The yarn looks green on my screen. A sage green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the yarn looks blue! I'm sorry you couldn't find your thread but the color you've chosen looks great too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually find a missing article after I quit looking for it, and strangely it is located in a place I searched more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yarn swatch looks blue on my screen. I know the blue thread is not what you wanted to use but I really like it - particularly with the blue border. I bet you find the lost spool of thread about the time you finish the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweater yarn looks blue, with a slight greeny tinge to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had too many things go missing in this small room, you would think I could keep better track of things. LOL! But eventually I find them, and likely you will find the thread, when no need of it is there. Love all your projects, the yarn looks gray on my screen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...